Saturday, February 24, 2007

Dubai Trek: Part 1

Just got back from a great trip to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. Five days of driving, shopping, driving, movies, driving, rock concert, driving, camping, driving and driving. There was quite a lot of driving, not all of which involved a road surface.

We did so much -- driving the 1100km each way, "wadi bashing" (4x4 driving in a rocky, dried up river bed), seeing Roger Waters live in concert, and camping in the desert -- that I'm going to split the story into smaller pieces to make it easier to read (and write!).

A memorable week of mixed emotions from euphoria to abject terror, so I want to do it justice and include lots of pictures. I originally wanted to kick it off today but I'm too tired after yesterday's ten-hour drive, so you'll have to make do with this little introduction for now.

Tomorrow I'll tell you about the journey down, and our cushy day in Dubai on the Tuesday.

Off for an early night now... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

maggieb said...

Chris my young brother lives in Dubai. He moved there about 6 years ago i was looking at your photo's & thats the kind of photo's my brother sends me. Lovley sand dunes OH & the camels