Wednesday, March 14, 2007

BrainShare again

Last night's concert didn't go very well (if you know what I mean wink wink).

After tonight's lack of a repeat performance I'll be jetting off once again to Salt Lake City in Utah for Novell's annual BrainShare conference. Five days of drinking beer and talking about computer software with 6,000 other geeks... heavenly!

The Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City: home for the next week!

But before we plunge into BrainShare I'm going on a two-day trip with friends down to the Arches National Park in southern Utah, where my objective will be to get some dramatic photos of the stunning landscapes on offer thanks to its 2,000 natural sandstone arches.

I hope my own photos look this good.

So, off tonight and not back in Riyadh until Saturday week. I will try to carry on posting while I'm away but I'm not making any promises; the conference can get pretty intense, through the day and into the evening activities, and I have a lot of catching up to do with co-workers so I'm not sure how much personal time I'll get, but with the jet lag there are bound to be a couple of periods when I'm wide awake at four in the morning with nothing to do, so you never know your luck.

No comments: