Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mama Weer All Crazee Now!

You know it's amazing what you can find in the shops here. I took Karen and Abigail to the mall yesterday afternoon and did my usual thing of browsing in the DVD/CD shop while they went clothes shopping. Imagine my surprise to find these two CDs on the shelf:



Naturally I bought them both. This may mean little to my readers from outside the UK, but these two bands were huge in Britain in the mid '70s, and just looking at the album covers brought back a flood of happy memories of "the decade that taste forgot".

All the favourites are here: Sweet's BlockBuster, Ballroom Blitz, Wig Wam Bam, and Teenage Rampage. Slade's hits include Mama Weer All Crazee Now, Coz I Luv You, and Cum On Feel The Noize. I was so glad to have stumbled across these that I went straight home and spent the evening downloading more '70s classics from iTunes, and I now have a kickin' '70s playlist on my iPod that I fully intend to drive the family mad with! You can check out the list in more detail here.

Going to Bahrain for the weekend this afternoon (Yes! three hours in the car with my new '70s playlist. Karen will be pleased!). We're going with some good friends from the Embassy and we have a sea fishing trip and a live performance of Carmina Burana planned (watching, not performing). Tell you all about it when I get back.

No comments: