Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bahrain Here We Come

My infection/plague/virus/whatever has finally started to abate, thanks to some good old Penicillin, which you can buy over the counter here without prescription. In the last three days I have been taking a mixture of Panadol, Ibuprofen, LemSip, Strepsils, soluble Codeine and now antibiotics too. It's been horrible and I've not been able to sleep much, but at least now I seem to be over the worst and am feeling a lot better today.

Good job too, because this afternoon I'm driving the family the four hours to Bahrain for a long weekend. Regular readers will know that Bahrain is the perfect weekend getaway for people in Saudi. If you're new to the blog just search it for "Bahrain" and you'll see what I mean.

This will be our last Bahrain trip as a family, as the children move to the UK next month to start their new school. Top of the priority list is to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in the cinema. Unlike the rest of the family I haven't yet read past the first four books in the series, so I don't know the story. My plan is to watch this one, thus skipping the book, then read "...Half Blood Prince" before moving on to the new one, "...Deathly Hallows". Nobody has yet finished the new book in our house as we got our copies a bit late, but hopefully one of our two copies will be available to me once I'm ready for it.

More about the trip when we get back, then right after that it'll be time for Elliot and me to have trial fittings of our new suits. Can't wait!

No comments: